Sunday, August 30, 2009

A purse to call my very own!

Today I completed a really cute purse of my very own!  I know it sounds strange that a girl who makes purses for a living doesn't carry a cute one of her own, but when you own a business you tend to take care of your customers before yourself.  It just happens...

So, last night, I decided I was going to make a purse for myself.  My next orders aren't due until Friday, although they will be done sooner, so I have a moment to spare!  Here's my newest creation:
Isn't this CUTE?!  I tend to prefer smaller purses that really do hold a lot...this one has 2 pockets on the outside (one on each end) and 4 on the inside...

I also quilted the fabric myself and really love the "SS" which according to me, stands for "Simply Sandra".  ! 
I decided to put a zipper on the top instead of just a snap.  You can't see them well, but there are two zipper charms...one says "princess" (an ongoing joke between my husband and I...he thinks I'm spoiled...I think it's his fault!) and the other is just a pink gem.
Here you can see the end pockets are big enough for my gigantic Voyager cell phone, or car keys, chapstick, etc.  I like having the essentials handy.
And this is my favorite part...it's pink/white polka dots and has 4 pockets, each lined with the exterior fabric.   I think it's really sexy...weird, I know, but yep, that's what I think!
So, there you have it...finally, a purse of my very own!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment